They've been quietly testing and previewing them behind closed doors for a while and they are finally ready to be released to the world.
First, the new Desire Fresnel takes the best of incandescent Fresnels and adds in a color-mixing LED engine. This classic fixture has been reimagined to bring you bright, beautiful light, cutting-edge technology, and a full 13–55 degree zoom. We reworked how the lens and lamp work together in Desire Fresnel, so the light you get is bright and efficient through the entire zoom range. Providing more lumens regardless of angle, this fixture is up to 25% more efficient than traditional Fresnel optical systems. Add in the Lustr X8 color system with deep red LEDs, City Theatrical’s wireless DMX Multiverse® technology, and an intuitive user interface, and we know this will become your new favorite fixture.
With the introduction of Source Four LED Series 3, comes the next generation of lens tubes. XDLT takes the Series 3 fixtures to a new level of brightness – especially when used from the farthest distances. Reduced light leak, improved pattern projection, and near-zero chromatic aberration make these lens tubes a must-have for the largest theatres.
XDLT Lens Features
- 5°, 10°, 14°, 19°, 26°, 36°, 50°, and 70° field angles
- Near-zero chromatic aberration
- Heightened pattern sharpness and contrast
- Up to 71% brighter when used with Source Four LED Series 3 fixtures
- Advanced, achromatic doublet lenses with anti-reflective coatings
- Color-corrective lenses (available on 14, 19, 26 and 36 degree XDLT lenses) for the ultimate in contrast and clarity with reduced chromatic aberration
Source Four S3 Engines are shipping now however some of the XDLT lens tubes will not start shipping until early summer 2021. Check our pricing on the Barbizon website here
Desire Fresnels should start shipping in June 2021 and you can pre-order or get more information here.