Official stuffy announcement below:
Barbizon Lighting supplies professional lighting equipment for the Theater, TV, Film and other industries. Barbizon Lighting Company is a leader in the industry with offices throughout the US. It is a national corporation with a small company atmosphere. For more information, you can go to www.barbizon.com.
Our office in Alexandria, VA has an immediate opening for a full time Project Manager.
Primary responsibilities of a Project Manager include:
• Quality and cost control of project through to project closeout
• Coordination and sequencing with all trades, manufacturers and end users
• Primary contact for vendors, subcontractors and customers
• Assist in creating bids and quotes for Systems sales
• Oversee submittal drawings, scheduling and purchase orders
• Oversee all phases of Systems projects
• Use of project management software
• Preparation of project profitability reports
• Invoice customers according to payment terms
• Manage and maintain all project binders and related drawings
Qualified candidate will have:
• BA or MFA in technical theater or Bachelors degree in Industrial Technology, Engineering, Construction or related field
• Two or more years experience in project management in the field of technical theater, TV or construction
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Strong organizational skills-
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCad and must adapt easily to different software
• Prior theatrical dimming/control experience
• Management or accounting experience a plus
• Current valid drivers license
We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package.
For consideration, send your cover letter and resume as Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat document attachments to email@example.com.